Wednesday 4 April 2012

Funny weather we've been having!

Well, hasn't the weather been a bit peculiar lately? Summer in March and now it's snowing 'oop north'. But snow in April isn't unheard of, so don't go shouting about the coming of the 'ice age' round here! In fact Ms Monkey remembers snow on her birthday during her childhood (on a cable car at Woburn Safari Park....an open cable car....that stopped for 10 minutes) and that's on the glorious 14th. (Yes, I am looking forward to the Titanic Anniversary, as at least no one will have an excuse for forgetting this wonderful day of celebration.....and yes I know it sank on the 15th, just, but it met the iceberg on the 14th.)

So for all of you poor Northerners, wading through the snow to go about your business, I thought I would feature a few photo's that I took at the weekend to warm the cockles of your hearts (these are apparently the chambers of your heart and not, disappointingly, anything to do with a rather yummy seafood).

Looking over towards St Ives from Gwithian, not a tidal wave in sight!
The album cover shot (note moody teenage 'hands in pockets' look)
Water so clear you could drink it! Except of course it is seawater,
so you would be sick!
Truth - the moment of!
I am Seagull, look ye mighty on my works and despair...
Wahoo! Seagull on a rock! I'll catch it for you!
I may have slightly miscalculated the depth of the water...and I had my hair
done yesterday...you do have alternative plans for dinner I hope?
The obligatory lighthouse shot (doesn't that water look tropical....it was 10 degrees C)
Lolli does a fair impression of the dragon from Neverending Story
The glories of a Cornish sunset (thanks to next door for planting that palm tree
in just the right place to lend a little tropicana to my photo)

Well, I hope I have warmed your cockles on this chilly spring day....chilly for you lot that is!

Note, to the Cornish tourist board, cheques can be made payable to Ms B Monkey Esq.

No comments:

Post a Comment