Monday 8 October 2012

Stoptober...days 6 through 8

Well...for those of you who were worrying, I haven't fallen by the wayside. I just had the weekend off from my blog so that I could catch up on some of those important jobs; such as washing school uniform, planting my winter veg and arguing with my children....I wouldn't want to be them at the moment...my temper is very close to explosive. The slightest transgression...be it real or imaginary...is likely to lead to thermonuclear war. They are walking on a knife's edge, particularly teenage son. Sadly for him, although he would deny it to all who listened, we are very alike. We even look alike...although I maintain my eyebrows so that I don't have two hairy caterpillars living on my face...I also wash more often!

Still having wild nicotine dreams...well, sometimes they're not so wild as such; last night I dreamt about taking cuttings from willow trees...what a wild and exciting life I must lead to be rewarded with dreams like that! To be honest, I found it extremely restful...my idea of a pleasant afternoon...although you would think my subconscious would allow me a night of nasty sex with Johnny Depp every now and then!

It would appear that I have yet to master the skill of just using my e-ciggie for moments of desperation. Indeed, yesterday morning was a weak morning, full stop. I found myself reaching for it at ten in the morning...watching David Cameron give an interview was probably a mistake. Every time he appears I find myself wondering how he's going to make my life more miserable this time...Perhaps I should just avoid television and newspapers for the foreseeable future...but then I would also have to avoid Twitter & Facebook...and probably the Internet in general...in fact, I could just go and live on an island somewhere...except some bloody bottle would wash up on the shore with a copy of the Daily Fail in it....
 
I did see that that 'nice' Mr Osborne plans to make another £10 billion of cuts to the welfare budget, he announced. If the question is 'how low can you go,' then it would appear that the answer is 'somewhere close to the Earth's core.'
 
Anyway, enough politics, popped to see my GP today, regarding getting some more medical evidence for my condition for when PIP replaces DLA (no, I'm not going to bang on about it in this post...but I will at some point soon!). The patient before me was obviously a heavy smoker...I felt quite ill at the smell. I do hope this doesn't mean that I'm going to be one of those obnoxious ex-smokers who tuts around smokers about how offensive it is...who coughs exaggeratedly when anyone lights up...somehow I can't see any of my dear friends allowing that to happen...either that or they will just tell me to piss off!

No comments:

Post a Comment